Baby progress

pregnant

Monday, May 9, 2011

New plan- Operation 18 pounds

So....I am on a mission to gain minimally throughout this pregnancy. They told me at the doctors a couple weeks ago that they would only like to see me gain 3 pounds a month. That's 18 pounds (for the next 6 months). I gained 40 with my daughter and I am determined NOT to do that again. So I started counting calories, since I only need to add another 300 calories per day for my pregnancy. I am going for 1800/day and if I exercise I will add an additional 100-200cal. My goal is not to lose, my goal is to maintain. My doctor told me if I really watch it, I can lose a few and still have a healthy baby. Plus the weight will fly off afterwards. We will see! I am trying to stay away from sugar and starches. Everything else is allowed but in moderation.

I CAN DO THIS!!

I really want to try and breastfeed for at least the first 6 weeks after the baby comes. I wasn't able to breastfeed my daughter because she wouldn't latch on. Then after that 6 weeks, I am going to start HCG again.

So far that's my plan anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment